Kansas City to host Big 12 Media Days

0
10

The Big 12 Basketball Media Days will be held at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Mo., this Wednesday and Thursday. Coaches and select players from all 10 teams will be present for Q&A sessions and one-on-one interviews.

The event will kick off on Wednesday morning and last through the evening as the women’s players and coaches make their way inside the Sprint Center for day one. Media outlets from all over the nation will fill the arena to record and broadcast the events that take place.

Thursday will serve as the men’s basketball day, beginning at 7 a.m. and ending at 2 p.m. following one-on-one interviews with student athletes. K-State will be sending head coach Frank Martin to Kansas City, along with Rodney McGruder, Victor Ojeleye and Will Spradling.

Thoughts regarding the upcoming season will be discussed with each team, as well as the talk of further conference realignment. Bill Self, head coach of the Kansas Jayhawks, will share his thoughts on the competition in the Big 12 as well as his expectations from his team, who were recently picked to place first in the conference.

Kansas City has hosted the basketball media days since the inception of the Big 12, but may be playing its swan song in 2011. The Missouri Tigers continue to make attempts toward moving the Southeastern Conference, a move that would likely eliminate Kansas City as a host location for future conference events.

Missouri players and coaches will likely face questions regarding their future in the Big 12, though the thoughts and perspectives from others schools will also be given.

Basketball season starts up next month with the women’s team hosting Oklahoma City on Nov. 3 just three days before men take on Fort Hays State on Nov. 6 in Bramlage Coliseum.