K-State daily briefs

0
26

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Shane Kirchner, titled, “First-Year Teachers’ Dispositions: Exhibited and Perception of Being Taught.” It will be held Nov. 16 at 8 a.m. in Bluemont 368.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Carlene Kaiser, titled, “A Case Study of a Small Kansas Public Charter School to Identify School-Level Factors Perceived to Have Contributed to Student Success.” It will be held Nov. 16 at 9 a.m. in Bluemont 16E.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Shih-Hsung Hwu, titled, “Concern and Professional Development Needs of University Faculty in Adopting Online Learning.” It will be held Nov. 17 at 1:30 p.m. in Bluemont 16E.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Daniel Karkle, titled, “Effects of Centerline Rumble Strips on Safety, Exterior Noise and Operational Use of the Travel Lane.” It will be held Nov. 17 at 1:30 p.m. in Durland 2036.

Miss America 2011, Teresa Scanlan, will be holding a discussion on the importance of agriculture and food security tonight at 7 p.m. in McCain Auditorium. The lecture is free and open to the public. Food donations for the Flint Hills Breadbasket will be accepted. The event is sponsored by the K-State student group Food For Thought, which focuses on educating consumers about production agriculture.

There will be a presentation by the Kelsey Smith Foundation today in the All Faiths Chapel at 3:30 p.m. The foundation specializes in education and awareness of violent crime against youth and young adults in memory of Kelsey Smith, who was kidnapped and murdered in Overland Park, Kan. in 2007. Smith’s father, Greg, will be in attendance, as well as Frank Tracz and members of the Kansas State Marching Band. More information on the Kelsey Smith Foundation can be found at kelseysarmy.org.