Two-minute drill

Two-minute drill

0 1

Tennis:
In a matchup of the top two ranked tennis players in the world, Roger Federer was able to win a record fifth Cincinatti title, defeating Novak Djokovic (6-0, 7-6) on Sunday afternoon. The win gave Federer 21 Master titles, tying him with Rafael Nadal, who had to sit out the tournament due to a knee injury.

NHL:
Labor talks between the NHL and the NHL Players Association are showing no progress as the two sides continue to try and avoid a possible fourth lockout in the past 20 years. Commisioner Gary Bettman said that the two sides are nowhere near where they want to be, and there is a growing fear that there will be another lockout in the next month.

NCAAB:
Shabazz Muhammad, the number two recruit in the 2012 class, will not join the UCLA Bruins on their trip to China Aug. 22-29. The NCAA is currently doing an investigation on whether Muhammad received illegal benefits from family friends and financial advisers Benjamin Lincoln and Ken Kevanagh.

NFL:
San Diego Chargers wide receiver Vincent Brown will be out for at least the next eight weeks after suffering a broken ankle in the team’s 28-20 loss to the Cowboys on Saturday night. The second year receiver out of San Diego State was expected to be the slot receiver for the Chargers after Eddie Royal injured his groin.

SIMILAR ARTICLES