3,000 seats remain for in-state rivalry gamePhoto by Jacob Wilson Frederick Amstutz, junior in public relations, and Austin Anderson, senior in public relations, intern with the Athletic Department by handing out wristbands to students for the upcoming KU game on Tuesday in Bramlage Coliseum. This system is part of K-State's new "Early Entry Points Program" which rewards students who have attended all or most of the previous men's basketball games by giving them priority seats for the Sunflower Showdown.

3,000 seats remain for in-state rivalry game

Traditionally, the annual K-State vs. Kansas game is the most anticipated matchup for Wildcat basketball fans. This year, unlike in years past, all student ticket holders will be able to watch the game in Bramlage Coliseum.

According to a press release by the K-State Athletic Department and the Student Governing Association, 1,000 students earned early entry eligibility to the game by attending multiple men’s basketball games this season.

This leaves 3,000 seats open for all remaining student pass holders, eliminating the need for students to wait in line all day to gain entrance into the game.

In order to gain early entrance, students eligible for tiers 1, 2 and 3 will need to acquire an early entrance wristband, which will be available today from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the east ticket booth of Bill Snyder Family Stadium.

Tier 1 students — those who have earned 12 points by attending games, totaling only 80 students — will need to be in line by 4 p.m. with their wristbands to enter Bramlage early. Tiers 2 (students with eight to 11 points) and 3 (students with five to seven points) will need to be in line with their wristbands by 4:15 p.m. and 4:45 p.m., respectively, to gain early admission.

Additionally, the athletics department directs students to line up in different locations by tier. Tier 1 students will find their line between the Basketball Training Facility and the east side of Bramlage. Tier 2 students should line up at the NE ramp leading up to Bramlage, and the tier 3 line will be located on the East sidewalk of Bill Snyder Family Stadium.

Due to available space, tier 4 students — those with four points or fewer — will not need wristbands and will be eligible to enter Bramlage by 5:15 p.m. According to the K-State Athletics website, the department “does not anticipate turning anyone away for the KU game.”

The ICAT section will be held for ICAT ticket holders until 6:30 p.m. GA ticket holders will then gain access to the ICAT section to claim any seats that are not already taken.

Students will not be allowed to camp out for wristbands overnight, and gates to the athletics complex will open at 6 a.m. The game tips off at 7 p.m.

For more details, visit kstatesports.com/earlyentry.