Women’s basketball team to face Oklahoma State Cowboys tonightPhoto by Jacob Wilson

Women’s basketball team to face Oklahoma State Cowboys tonight

Coming off their 57-54 victory over the TCU Horned Frogs on Saturday, the Wildcats (11-7, 2-4 Big 12 Conference) returned home looking forward to recording another victory. However, the women’s basketball team does not have an easy task ahead of them against the No. 12 Oklahoma State Cowboys (14-2, 3-2 Big 12) in Bramlage Coliseum tonight at 7.

The Cowboys will bring a balanced offensive attack into tonight’s game, with five players averaging more than 8 points a game. One of those players, junior guard Tiffany Bias, is Oklahoma State’s key to getting the offense rolling.

On the season, Bias is averaging 12.8 points and 7.2 assists per game, while putting in, on average, a team-high 34 minutes per game.

Bias has a very quick first step and does a great job of getting in the lane, where she will look both to score and to create opportunities for her teammates. The Wildcats must keep Bias out of the lane to have a chance, but there are more players for the Wildcats to look out for.

Senior Toni Young is one of the best post players in the Big 12, averaging 17 points and 9.5 rebounds on the season. Her inside scoring presence, with the play of Bias on the perimeter, gives the Cowboys one of the best inside-outside duos in the country.

The Wildcats’ leader is senior guard Brittany Chambers, who averages 19.1 points and 7.4 rebounds, and she also gives the very young team the senior leadership they need. One of those younger players, freshman guard Bri Craig, is starting to show her full potential.

Known for her ability to shoot the ball, especially from 3-point line, Craig is emerging as a valuable rebounder. In the last three games, she has averaged six boards per game, including a career-high eight in the victory over TCU. Against a team that rebounds like the Cowboys, the Wildcats will look to Craig to rebound the ball.

Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. tonight at Bramlage Coliseum.