K-State Inline Hockey Club headed to nationalsEmily DeShazer | The Collegian Struggling for the puck, senior K-State Inline Hockey Club forward Mike McHugh leans into a Missour S&T player as they roll past on Feb. 9 at the Peters Recreation Complex. The Inline Hockey Club was selected to play in the national tournament on April 14.

K-State Inline Hockey Club headed to nationals

For the second straight year, the K-State Inline Hockey Club has been extended an invitation to the National Collegiate Roller Hockey Division II Championship.

After last season’s Final Four run, the team is excited to be back in the tournament, as Jerry Remsbecker, faculty adviser for the club and computer information specialist in the College of Agriculture Dean’s Office, said the team is honored to be heading back to the tournament.

“Getting this bid is the culmination of a lot of hard work by this team,” Remsbecker said. “It is an honor to be able to represent K-State on a national level.”

This will be the team’s fourth tournament appearance. The club made it to the Final Four in 2001 and competed in the 2002 tournament. A decade later, the team made it to the Final Four again in 2012.

The tournament consists of a three-game round robin to determine seeding, followed by a single elimination tournament. The championship game is scheduled for noon on Sunday, April 14, at the Skatium in Fort Myers, Fla.