K-State Rodeo Club to host Bull Bash

K-State Rodeo Club to host Bull Bash

0 11
(Photo by Parker Robb | Collegian) A bull rider holds on for as long as possible as the bull tries to throw him off at the 2013 K-State Invitational Bull Bash January 25 in Weber Arena. Thirty top bull riders will descend on Manhattan to compete in the 2014 Bull Bash, hosted by the K-State Rodeo Club, Friday and Saturday night at 7:00 at Weber Arena.

The K-State Rodeo Club will host the K-State Invitational Bull Bash, previously known as the Brett Cushenbery Memorial, this Friday and Saturday.

The two-day event will feature 30 bull riders from across the Midwest. They will compete for a share of the $5,000 bonus prize money. The performances start at 7 p.m. both nights at Weber Arena.

“The riders we have are the 30 of the best riders in the Midwest, which will make for an action packed weekend,” said Lauren Rumbaugh, K-State rodeo club president and senior in animal sciences and industry.

The Bull Bash will be coordinated as a long run; the first round will be held on Friday, followed by the second and third rounds on Saturday. All riders will get two rides and the top 10 riders with the highest average scores will compete in the third round.

Daniel Unruh, senior in animal sciences and industry, will be the bull fighter, also known as a rodeo clown, for the Bull Bash. Unruh has been involved with professional bull fighting for eight years.

“My favorite part of the event is the night that it starts, [seeing] all the work that you have seen your friends and yourself put into planning, coordinating, producing and delivering a successful quality family event,” Unruh said.

Treasurer of the K-State Rodeo Club Danielle Stuerman, sophomore in animal sciences and industry, has been responsible for establishing an event budget and working to organize sponsorships.

“Attendees will see a great show, interact with K-State’s team and club members and even get to meet the K-State Rodeo Queen and contestants for the current competition,” Stuerman said.

A Bull Bash dance will be hosted both nights at RC McGraw’s, 2317 Tuttle Creek Blvd., after the performances.

Advanced tickets are $15 for adults, and $10 with K-State or military I.D. Tickets at the door are $20 for adults, and $15 with K-State or military I.D. They can be picked up at RC McGraw’s, RB Outpost, Tractor Supply, Orscheln’s and Varney’s Bookstore in Aggieville.