K-State Women’s Tennis Completes Four-Match Home Stand This Weekend

0 0
(Photo by Parker Robb | Collegian) Senior tennis player Petra Niedermayerova prepares a backhand return against Northern Iowa's Jieke Stroobant Friday at the Body First Tennis and Fitness Center. Petra led the Wildcats to victory over the Panthers with her 6-2, 6-2 defeat of Stroobant.

K-State women’s
tennis first four-match homestand of the season will wrap up this weekend. The Wildcats
will host Fresno State on Friday. On Saturday, the Wildcats will end their weekend by hosting Colorado. Both matches will be played at the Body First
Tennis and Fitness Center in Manhattan.

K-State enters the weekend’s matches riding a three-match winning streak. The last time the Wildcats strung together more than three match wins was in the spring of 2011, when
K-State opened the season with a seven-match winning streak.

The Wildcats have won 14 consecutive singles matches, 13 of them finishing in straight sets. Senior Petra Niedermayerova leads the team in singles wins. The two-time All American and three- time All-Big 12 selection earned a pair of victories at the number one singles positions to improve her leading singles record this season to 13-4 overall.

K-State will face Fresno State (1-3) on Friday. The last time the teams met, the Wildcats beat Fresno State with a 5-2 decision in the spring 2013 season. The Wildcats are 10-33 against teams from the Mountain West Conference. On Saturday, K-State will go up against Colorado (3-1). K-State won the last meeting with Colorado in a 7-0 decision in the spring of 2011. The Wildcats are 4-11 against the Buffaloes in Manhattan, and are 23-29 against teams in the Pac 12.