Cross-country teams prep for Cowboy Jamboree

0
46
The K-State men's cross-country team warms up on a trail during an early morning practice at Frank Anneberg Park on Oct. 8, 2015. (File Photo by Cassandra Nguyen | The Collegian)

The Kansas State cross-country teams will compete this Saturday in the Cowboy Jamboree in Stillwater, Oklahoma.

The Cowboy Jamboree is one of the oldest cross-country races in the country, dating back to 1937. The woman will compete in the 5-kilometer course and the men in the 8-kilometer.

This is the third meet of the season for the team after competing in the Augustana Twilight in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and the Woody Greeno Invite in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Senior Morgan Wedekind placed second at the Woody Greeno Invite with a time of 22:03.9. She also won the Augustana Twilight, which earned her the Big 12 Runner of the Week award, the first Wildcat to receive that honor since 2014.

Both the men’s and women’s teams finished in second place in the Augustana Twilight and third in the Woody Greeno Invite.

On the men’s side, junior Colton Donahue has been the Wildcats’ best finisher in both races, finishing fourth and 23rd, respectively.

The men’s and women’s teams are coached by Ryun Godfrey.

After this, the Wildcats will participate in the Bradley Invite in Peoria, Illinois, before the Big 12 Championships and the NCAA Regionals.

The Cowboy Jamboree is set to start at 9 a.m. on Saturday.