A letter from K-State head football coach Bill Snyder

2
16199

As I stood outside the Kansas State Alumni Center Thursday night after participating in an event for the graduate school students and waiting for my ride, I was approached by a young lady (either a student or writer for one of the university departments, or both) who asked me if she could pray for me. She broke into tears and offered up a heartwarming, meaningful prayer for my recovery.

The point of this message, aside from how meaningful this young lady is to me and how much I appreciate her for her thoughtfulness, is once again proof of what I have said for the past three decades: Kansas State University is about people who care about people. We are a unique community where our concerns for others is genuine, unselfish and unified. Don’t ever allow that to change.

And thank you again young lady — I appreciate you so very much.

Bill Snyder

• ThinkingAboutThis

Coach Snyder….you have a lot of people praying for you and keeping you in their thoughts. I’m glad she stepped up. You are definitely a tremendous role model for our student body and faculty. We wish you the best.

• William Washington

as a long time sooner fan i have always thought very highly of coach snyder he is a tremendous person and also a great coach he will always be a wildcat now and forever this man truly loves k state . tony w