News briefs: Fake Patty’s Day rape, ‘no confidence’ at WSU and vandalism charge for KU basketball player

0
524

THE RILEY COUNTY Police Department filed a report of rape in Manhattan on Thursday. The report said a 20-year-old female victim believes she was raped on March 11, which was Fake Patty’s Day, after she took drugs, passed out and woke up next to an unknown male in bed. No additional information will be released due to the ongoing investigation.

THE WICHITA STATE UNIVERSITY student government passed a resolution of “no confidence” in university president John Bardo in a 20-4-7 vote on Thursday, the Sunflower reported. The resolution originally called for Bardo’s resignation, but that portion was removed. Members of the faculty senate also sent a letter outlining their grievances with the university administration to Bardo.

THE UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS student government rejected a $2 student fee to fund a Multicultural Student Government, the Daily Kansan reported Thursday. A similar attempt was vetoed by Chancellor Bernadette Gray-Little last year.

“I do not believe that how it is right now, that students should have to pay a separate $2 fee to fund Multicultural Student Government, when we can all work together to make student senate more equitable,” student body president Stephonn Alcorn said at Wednesday’s student senate meeting.

A COURT AFFIDAVIT released Thursday detailed the scene that resulted in a misdemeanor vandalism charge for Josh Jackson, a KU men’s basketball player, the Kansas City Star reported. Jackson, who is projected to be a first-round NBA draft pick, is scheduled for arraignment on April 12. Jackson said the charge is “old business.” KU opens the NCAA Tournament against the University of California, Davis today.

Jason Tidd
Hello, I am Jason Tidd, the Collegian editor-in-chief. I am a senior in journalism and former baritone in the Pride of Wildcat Land and Cat Band at Kansas State. I want to give a voice to all the members of the K-State family and tell the stories of our community. I learn something new every day as a journalist, and I hope you learn something, too, by reading my stories. EMAW and God bless.