Women’s rowing team prepared after OU scrimmage

0
121
The then-varsity rowing team practices on April 8, 2015 at Tuttle Creek Lake in Manhattan. (File {Photo by Rodney Dimick | The Collegian)

The Kansas State women’s rowing team will compete in its second scrimmage of the spring season on Saturday against Tulsa on the Verdigris River in Catoosa, Oklahoma.

In K-State’s first scrimmage of the spring season on March 4 against Oklahoma, the teams only competed in the morning as strong winds forced the afternoon to be cancelled. Despite not competing a full day, head coach Patrick Sweeney said good came out of the day.

“We really got a lot of solid work done this morning,” Sweeney said to K-State Sports after the Oklahoma scrimmage. “I think we were extremely competitive with Oklahoma in all of the pieces that we did, which is a good sign as we head into the rest of the season.

Senior captain Noelle Dykmann was also pleased with the team in the scrimmage against Oklahoma.

“I think we learned a lot today,” Dykmann said to K-State Sports. “We know what we need to work on. Now we can focus on that. We are really strong this year and capable of doing big things. If we can get some good practices on the water, I think we will have a great season.”

After Tulsa, the Wildcats will head to Sarasota, Florida, for the Florida Invitational March 31 and April 1.