RCPD releases video of truck in hit-and-run case

0
1264

The Riley County Police Department released a video on Twitter and Facebook Thursday afternoon that shows the truck that critically injured Amber Wilhelm, a 21-year-old K-State student, on April 14.

The video, which appears to have been taken from a camera at KS StateBank at 11th Street and Bluemont Avenue, shows a white truck entering the video from the right and heading west toward K-State.

RCPD said anyone who recognizes the truck or its driver should contact them at 785-537-2112 or or 800-222-TIPS. The public can also submit tips to the Manhattan-Riley County Crime Stoppers online.

The Wilhelm family has offered a $10,000 reward to anyone who can provide information leading to the identification of the person responsible. The award will be funded from a GoFundMe page, which as of Thursday afternoon, had raised $12,425.

I’m Rafael Garcia, co-editor-in-chief at the Collegian. I’m a junior in journalism, campus visit coordinator for the JMC Ambassadors, and the vice president of social events and communication for the Edgerley-Franklin Urban Leaders. I come from Emporia, Kansas, home of the Twinkie, world’s best tasting tap water and journalist William Allen White. I’m passionate about journalism because I love people and their stories, and I want to find and tell those stories here on campus. In my spare time, I’m a Chihuahua wrangler, doughnut enthusiast, Netflix watcher and racquetball player. Contact me at [email protected]