1. TCU (32-11, 12-6) (Last Week: 1) (Next: Texas)
TCU lost a series to Texas Tech but continues to stand alone at the top of the conference. One of the two losses the Horned Frogs suffered against the Red Raiders was by a margin of 21-3, bringing to light some potential defensive struggles that could hurt down the road.
2. Texas Tech (36-12, 11-7) (Last Week: 3) (Next: at Ohio State)
Texas Tech took a series from the top-ranked TCU Horned Frogs and is still in the hunt for a Big 12 Championship. The Red Raiders will need a few wins and some losses from TCU to take over the top spot.
3. West Virginia (26-17, 10-8) (Last Week: 2) (Next: Texas Tech)
A rough week for West Virginia, losing two of three games to Oklahoma, knocked the Mountaineers back down out of the top two spots. They’ll need to make up some ground now and have a great opportunity with their next series coming against Texas Tech.
4. Oklahoma (30-16, 8-7) (Last Week: 6) (Next: at Kansas State)
After falling down to the No. 6 spot, Oklahoma jumped up to No. 4 in the power rankings after two big wins over West Virginia. The Sooners still could make a late charge towards a potential conference championship.
5. Texas (31-16, 9-8) (Last Week: 5) (Next: at TCU)
A two-game sweep of Oklahoma State kept Texas in the top five of the power rankings this week. The Longhorns have a big series against TCU coming up that could help them gain more ground.
6. Kansas (23-22, 9-9) (Last Week: 4) (Next: Texas Southern)
Kansas only took one of three games against Baylor and fell down after climbing to No. 4 last week. The Jayhawks are barely hanging on to stay over .500 on the season.
7. Baylor (27-17, 8-10) (Last Week: 8) (Next: Prairie View)
Winning two out of three against KU was enough for Baylor to slowly creep out of the bottom of the Big 12. The Bears might continue to climb as we near the end of the season.
8. Oklahoma State (23-19, 6-11) (Last Week: 7) (Next: Lamar)
Oklahoma State went winless after two losses to Texas and one to Oral Roberts. The Cowboys continue to struggle this season.
9. Kansas State (25-20, 4-11) (Last Week: 9) (Next: Oklahoma)
K-State swept Abilene Christian and then got a win against Wichita State. But a successful week is still not enough to make up for how frustrating this season has been for the Wildcats.