Aggieville car wash demolished for new commercial space

0
457
An old car wash was demolished to make way for more space in Aggieville on the corner of North 12th Street and Bluemont Ave. (Austin Fuller | The Collegian).

Willie’s Car Wash, formerly located at the corner of 12th Street and Bluemont Avenue, was torn down earlier this month.

According to the Manhattan Mercury, a building permit was issued on the lot to Bluemont 12, LLC for a new 7,340-square-foot building valued at $702,828.

Although there are hopes that construction will begin during the summer, no construction date for the new building has been set at this time.

The property holder, R.H. Johnson Company, is advertising the lot at 1205 Bluemont Ave. as a retail space for lease, according to the Manhattan Mercury.

It is currently unknown what will replace the former car wash. In 2016, potential buyers discussed putting a hotel and a parking garage on the property, but those plans were never finalized.

Dene Dryden
I'm Dene Dryden, the chief of copy for the Collegian. I'm also a contributor on the opinion and feature desks. In my non-Collegian life, I study English creative writing, lead Spoon University at K-State as the editorial director, write for URGE as a journalism intern and daydream about the next dessert I'll eat.