Coach Snyder to author children’s book

0
643
Bill Snyder, Kansas State Head Football Coach, speaks at the K-State Kick Off pep ralley, Aug. 21, 2011 in Bill Snyder Stadium. (File Photo | The Collegian)

Bill Snyder, Kansas State University’s longtime head football coach, will author a children’s book titled “Take It from Me,” according to a July 15 Facebook post from El Dorado-based publisher Kraken Books.

Kraken Books has not released any other information about the book aside from its title, though the company did announce that more details about it are coming soon.

Snyder said he did not play a major role in creating the book, but he incorporated the values he uses in coaching within the book.

“My role in it was not overly extensive, but I feel enthused by it because I have a great passion for people of all ages,” Snyder said. “We have a value testament in our program that is significant, and the book itself addresses that.”

Snyder also talked about what it meant to him to be able to write his first book, and how surprised he was by his book deal.

“I was not expecting it, but people from Kansas know about my background and how much I’ve been involved,” Snyder said. “Just the idea of having my grandchildren and my great-grandchildren to see that at home with me, and to be able to reach my family and others, made me enthused. Like I’ve said before, we have a testament of values, and I’m trying to be able to share those in a useful way.”

This is not the first time Kraken Books has collaborated with a college sports superstar on a children’s book; the company has also published “You’re Too Big to Dream Small” in 2016, written by Ron Baker, a former Wichita State basketball player. The book is a rhyming, illustrated tale about a young boy who dreams of someday being a basketball player.

Snyder will begin his 26th season as head coach this fall, beginning with the first home game against the University of Central Arkansas Sept. 2.

During Snyder’s career, the Wildcats have won two Big 12 Championships, 18 bowl games and have accumulated 202 wins overall.

DeAundra Allen
I'm DeAundra Allen, co-editor-in-chief and sports editor at the Collegian. I'm a junior in broadcast journalism and pre-law, with a minor in philosophy. I was born in Brighton, Colorado, home of La Placita and the Bulldogs. I moved to Kansas in 2010, and fell in love with press boxes at a young age. In my spare time, I talk about my pets, sports, and work towards going to law school.