K-State Blood Drive receives 244 donations in first two days

0
59
Catara Hardy, a American Red Cross nurse, draws a blood from a volunteer Kevin Thompson during Red Cross fall blood drive at K-State Union on September 25, 2017 (Saya Kakim| Collegian Media Group)

The American Red Cross is currently hosting its semesterly blood drive in various locations around the Kansas State campus from Sept. 25 – 28.

Jan Hale, Red Cross communications manager for the central plains region, said the K-State Blood Drive received 244 pints of blood in the first two days. However, they are still 70 pints behind expectations at this time. The total goal for the four-day event is 550 pints from students, staff and faculty.

The K-State Blood Drive is incentivizing donations by giving all donators a coupon for a free haircut from Sport Clips. The Red Cross is requesting donations of all blood types to maintain a diverse supply for patients in need.

The following locations and times are open for one-pint donations as part of the K-State Blood Drive:

On Wednesday, donations will be accepted in the Student Union from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and in Putnam Hall from 1 – 7 p.m.

On Thursday, donations will be accepted in the Student Union from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

Anyone interested in donating blood can make an appointment by calling 1-800-733-2767 or visiting RedCrossBlood.org.

Kyle Hampel
Those words you just read were written by me, Kyle Hampel. I'm an English major who has very strong feelings about barbecue pizza and the Oxford comma. I like to write articles about my strong opinions, too! I also play lots of musical instruments and video games, but never at the same time. Beloit, Kansas, is proud to call me their own, along with several other towns I've lived in that aren't as special to me.