What to watch: NHL Week 2

0
40

It’s week two in the National Hockey League, and here are some matchups to look forward to this week.

Nashville at Chicago

In the first round of the 2016-17 Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Nashville Predators swept the Chicago Blackhawks in a 4-0 series win to move on.

Chicago will be looking to redeem themselves on Saturday as it hosts the Predators in an attempt at redemption.

Nashville is off to a slow start for the season, losing both of its first games to the Boston Bruins and being shut out in Pittsburgh against the Penguins.

The game will take place Oct. 14 at 7:30 p.m.

Arizona at Las Vegas

The first regular season hockey game in Las Vegas will be on Tuesday, when the Golden Knights will host the Arizona Coyotes.

The Golden Knights have started the season 2-0 with two very close games that ended in 2-1 victories by riding on the success of goalie Mark Andre-Fleury, who made 44 saves in the season opener and 27 in the next game. James Neal has also been a big help to Las Vegas, scoring three of their four goals.

Arizona will be looking for its first win of the season and a taste of revenge after it lost its home opener to the Golden Knights.

The game will take place Oct. 10 at 7 p.m.

Pittsburgh at Washington

This is one of the biggest rivalries in the NHL. The Washington Capitals can never seem to get past the Pittsburgh Penguins in the playoffs, but the teams are always pretty even in the regular season.

In two games, Washington’s Alexander Ovechkin has already netted seven goals, the first player in 100 years to get hat tricks in the first two games of the season.

The Penguins are 1-1 this season, with their loss coming from the Chicago Blackhawks, 10-1. Since then, the Penguins played a solid game against Nashville, winning 4-0 in their Stanley Cup rematch.

Expect this game to very physical, with the Penguins picking up Ryan Reaves from the St. Louis Blues. Reaves had one goal and 24 penalty minutes in their game against Nashville.

The game will take place Oct. 11 at 6:30 p.m.