Letter from the student body president and vice president, Oct. 9

0
218
Courtesy photo Student Governing Association

Dear Wildcats,

Olivia and I would like to wish a happy late birthday to our fearless football leader, Bill Snyder!

We recently attended the Big 12 Conference at Texas Tech where the Kansas State Student Governing Association met with other student governments from the Big 12 to discuss platforms and initiatives at their respective colleges. Some of the topics covered were Title IX, college affordability, counseling services and other resources on campus for students.

We brought back ideas and information to further our platforms and help the students of K-State.

To reach more students, Olivia, Jonathan Peuchen, speaker of the student senate, Haley Hannaman, student attorney general, and I have started office hours that take place in the Student Union or other buildings on campus. Those times and locations will be posted weekly on our Twitter, @KStateSBP_SBVP. Please feel free to stop by with any questions or concerns.

As a reminder, student senate meetings take place on Thursdays at 7 p.m. in the Wildcat Chamber inside the Union and they are live streamed at K-State.edu/SGA. Please don’t hesitate to email us at [email protected] and [email protected] or stop by during our office hours.

Go Cats!

Jack Ayres and Olivia Baalman
Student Body President and Vice President

I’m Rafael Garcia, co-editor-in-chief at the Collegian. I’m a junior in journalism, campus visit coordinator for the JMC Ambassadors, and the vice president of social events and communication for the Edgerley-Franklin Urban Leaders. I come from Emporia, Kansas, home of the Twinkie, world’s best tasting tap water and journalist William Allen White. I’m passionate about journalism because I love people and their stories, and I want to find and tell those stories here on campus. In my spare time, I’m a Chihuahua wrangler, doughnut enthusiast, Netflix watcher and racquetball player. Contact me at [email protected]