K-State falls to TCU, 26-6 after three weather delays

0
168
The Kansas State Wildcats play the Texas Christian University Horned Frogs in Bill Snyder Family Stadium on Oct. 14, 2017. The Wildcats lost with a final score of 6 to 26. (Photo by Cooper Kinley | Collegian Media Group)

The Kansas State Wildcats hosted Texas Christian University at home on Saturday, where the Wildcats lost 26-6. The Wildcats are now 3-3.

After the first lightning delay ended, the game was set to start at 11:45 a.m. However, another lightning delay was put in force shortly after the start. The game did not start until 2:00 p.m.

Following delays, TCU scored two touchdowns in the first half. During the first quarter, sophomore quarterback Kenny Hill has a seven-yard run, ending in a touchdown for TCU. Later in the first quarter, TCU’s kicker, sophomore Jonathan Song kicked a 39-yard field goal.

During the second quarter, Song kicked a 22-yard field goal, brining TCU to 13 points. K-State did not score until the last three minutes of the game, where senior Matthew McCrane kicked a 38-yard field goal, bringing the score to 13-3.

For the third quarter, sophomore Sewo Olonilua has a one yard run in for a TCU touchdown, bringing TCU to a score of 20. Later in the third, McCrane came out and kicked a 51-yard field goal, bringing the Wildcats up to six points. The third quarter ended with a score of 20-6.

During the start of fourth quarter, a severe weather delay postponed the game for a hour. Once the team came back on field, Olonilua had another one-yard touchdown run for TCU, bringing to score to 26-6.

During the post game press conference, head coach Bill Snyder talked about the team and what they could improve on.

“We got to get the capacity to throw the ball better,” Snyder said. “Alex Delton really struggled today, but had some help. It wasn’t all his fault. Not that he didn’t try, because he made the effort.”

Senior defensive tackle Will Geary also talked about the loss and how it can affect the game.

“Each loss hurts,” Geary said. “Going 3-3, that third really puts us even, it’ll just depend on how we handle it and go at it on Monday.”

The Wildcats will look to bounce back to action next Saturday where they will face the Oklahoma Sooners at home in Bill Snyder Family Stadium. Time is to be announced.

DeAundra Allen
I'm DeAundra Allen, co-editor-in-chief and sports editor at the Collegian. I'm a junior in broadcast journalism and pre-law, with a minor in philosophy. I was born in Brighton, Colorado, home of La Placita and the Bulldogs. I moved to Kansas in 2010, and fell in love with press boxes at a young age. In my spare time, I talk about my pets, sports, and work towards going to law school.