Myers responds to vandalism off campus

0
151

University president Richard B. Myers has responded to the racist vandalism found on a car parked off campus yesterday.

In a letter to the Kansas State community published in Thursday’s edition of K-State Today, Myers outlined a security response to Wednesday’s vandalism and other recent events on campus.

According to the letter, the K-State police department will increase patrols and its visible presence on campus. Myers also asks vice president Cindy Bontrager to “conduct a complete audit” of on-campus security cameras in order to develop a strategy to better improve security coverage.

“Those who wish us harm should not be allowed to create a culture of fear and divisiveness,” Myers wrote. “As I hear from student leadership following this incident, your message is clear: We need to ensure the safety of those affected by this attack.”

Myers encouraged students in need of support to utilize services offered on campus through student life and Counseling Services, including the LiveSafe app and Wildcat Walk.

Rachel Hogan
I'm Rachel Hogan, news editor at the Collegian. I'm a sophomore in journalism from Olathe, Kansas. When I'm not at work in the newsroom, I like to spend my time taking naps, playing the cello and laughing with my friends.