RCPD says Aggieville shooting rumors not credible

0
765

The Riley County Police Department released a statement on Twitter and Facebook Thursday evening reporting that there were ‘back-to-back’ 911 calls about a ‘planned shooting’ in Aggieville in the coming weekend.

The release states that all of the information they received was from a third party and not yet credible.

“The Riley County Police Department has received reports about a planned shooting, but we are currently still investigating… At this time there is no credible information,” Hali Rowland, public information officer for the RCPD, said.

The RCPD has not released any information definitively identifying the individual or group responsible for the alleged ‘planned shooting’ and has released no further information regarding updates into the investigation.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact the Riley County Police Department at 785-537-2112 or reach out to the department on social media.

I'm Kaylie McLaughlin, the assistant news editor this semester. I grew up just outside of Kansas City in Shawnees, KS. My background focuses mostly on broadcasting and digital media, but I've always loved writing. I'm a sophomore in journalism and mass communications with a minor in French and a secondary focus in International and Area Studies. In my free time, I like drinking coffee and reading news magazines.