What to watch: Week 11

0
63
Willie the Wildcat cheers after the touchdown during the game against Oklahoma at Bill Snyder Family Stadium in Manhattan, Kan. on Oct. 21, 2017. (Photo by Alanoud Alanazi | Collegian Media Group)

Do you like top-25 matchups? I hope you do, because we have plenty on the slate this weekend in college football.

No. 1 University of Georgia vs. No. 10 Auburn

Georgia has rolled through its first nine games of the year, and if it can win against Auburn, it will have a very good chance at finishing the regular season undefeated, as its last two games are against the University of Kentucky and Georgia Tech.

The Bulldogs’ offense has been led by a duo of running backs: seniors Nick Chubb and Sony Michel. Chubb leads the team with 867 yards, and Michel is right behind him with 710. Both have nine rushing touchdowns on the year.

Auburn came close to being undefeated this year, only losing by eight points to Clemson and four points to Louisiana State, both games on the road.

Junior running back Kerryon Johnson has been a force in the Tiger backfield this year. Johnson has ran for 868 yards this year and has found the end zone 15 times. He also caught a touchdown pass this year.

The SEC matchup will kick off at 2:30 p.m. and will air on CBS.

No. 3 Notre Dame vs. No. 7 University of Miami

Notre Dame is as close as anybody in being undefeated this year. Its only loss came in week two at the hands of then-undefeated Georgia by just one point.

Junior quarterback Brandon Wimbush has been a huge factor for the Fighting Irish. Wimbush has thrown for 11 touchdowns to just two interceptions. Wimbush is more dangerous on his feet however, as he is second on the team with 639 rushing yards and leads the team with 13 rushing touchdowns.

Miami defeated then-No. 13 Virginia Tech last week, which was the only ranked team it had played in the season. Miami opponents after Notre Dame are not currently ranked.

Senior wide receiver Braxton Berrios has been a reliable target for junior quarterback Malik Rosier. Berrios leads the team in receiving with 36 catches for 474 yards and seven touchdowns.

Notre Dame and Miami will kick off at 7 p.m. on ABC.

No. 6 Texas Christian University vs. No. 5 University of Oklahoma

TCU is 2-1 against ranked teams this year, picking up wins against Oklahoma State and West Virginia, but falling to then-No. 25 Iowa State two weeks ago 14-7.

Senior quarterback Kenny Hill has been terrific for the Horned Frogs this year. Hill has thrown for 2,009 yards and 15 touchdowns this year. Hill has spread the ball out this year, and 11 different players have caught a touchdown this year.

Oklahoma’s only mistake this year has been against Iowa State, which it fell to at home 38-31. The Sooners do have two road wins against top-15 teams.

Senior quarterback Baker Mayfield might be the Heisman frontrunner. Mayfield has thrown for 3,226 yards and 28 touchdowns on the season. Mayfield also has five rushing touchdowns to his credit.

The Big 12 matchup will kick off at 7 p.m. on FOX.