What to watch: NFL Week 10

0
24

At the halfway mark of the season, playoff implications are on the line as things start to heat up in the NFL. Gear up for a great weekend of football.

New Orleans Saints vs. Buffalo Bills

New Orleans has been on a roll as of late. After starting the season 0-2, the Saints won six in a row. During the winning streak, the team is averaging 30.3 points per game, and allowing just 15 points per game.

Alvin Kamara has been on a tear recently. Last week, he caught six passes for 84 yards and a touchdown, while adding 64 yards and a touchdown on the ground. He currently ranks fourth in the league in receiving yards among running backs.

Buffalo has exceeded expectations thus far. At the start of the season, ESPN writer Mike Rodak projected the Bills would go 5-11, and the team has already met his projected win total.

The Bill defense has been tough this year, aside from the secondary. While the team is 26th in the NFL in passing yards per game allowed (250.3), it is eighth in rushing yards allowed per game (94.4) and fifth in points allowed per game (18.6). A key question in the game is if the Bills defense can shut down a scorching-hot Saints offense.

Catch this game at 12 p.m. Sunday on FOX.

Dallas Cowboys vs. Atlanta Falcons

Dallas continues to step it up. In week nine, they dropped the Kansas City Chiefs 28-17, bringing their winning streak to three games.

Dak Prescott has thrown 16 touchdowns in 2017, good for fifth in the NFL. Against the Chiefs, he posted a QBR of 95.7, a category in which he has the league’s eighth best mark. Ezekiel Elliott may or may not be available for the game, as his suspension continues to be put off.

Atlanta has been struggling to say the least. Since a 3-0 start, they have gone 1-4. Matt Ryan currently has the worst QBR of his career: 59.5. On his way to winning the MVP last season, Ryan threw just seven interceptions, and he already has seven halfway through this season.

Kickoff is scheduled for 3:25 p.m. Sunday on FOX.

New England Patriots vs. Denver Broncos

Despite its initial lopsided appearance, Denver and New England tend to play competitive games, so this one should be interesting.

New England remains a team to beat. It has the league’s top passing offense and seventh-best scoring offense. Not to mention the quarterback, Tom Brady. Brady is adding on to an already spectacular career, currently sitting at first in the NFL in yards.

A weak spot for the Patriots this year has been the defense. The Patriots rank in the last half of the NFL for rushing (25th) and passing (32nd) yards allowed per game.

Denver’s season, on the other hand, is spiraling out of control fast. The Broncos currently have a four-game losing streak. Most recently, the team was blown out by the Philadelphia Eagles 51-23.

Brock Osweiler started Sunday instead of Trevor Siemian, but there was essentially no change. He completed only 19 of 38 passes, threw two interceptions to just one touchdown and posted a lowly QBR of 21.2. Head coach Vance Joseph has said Osweiler will start again. If it is any consolation, the last time Osweiler faced the Patriots in a Broncos uniform, he led the team to a 30-24 overtime victory.

The primetime matchup is set 7:30 p.m. Sunday on NBC.