University names new vice president for diversity

0
200

Kansas State University announced Tuesday morning its choice of Adrian Rodriguez for the new position of associate vice president for student life of diversity and multicultural student affairs.

Rodriguez comes from Tarrant County College, Trinity River Campus in Fort Worth, Texas, where he served as vice president for student development services. He will start his duties at K-State on Dec. 4, although he is currently a doctoral candidate in student affairs in higher education at K-State and is expected to graduate in May 2018.

“I am pleased with the search committee’s selection of Adrian Rodriguez as K-State’s first associate vice president for student life of diversity and multicultural student affairs,” university president Richard Myers said in a press release. “Adrian will serve a critical leadership role to promote a culture at Kansas State University where all students are able to thrive and be engaged.”

Rodriguez was picked following a national search and previously served as dean of student life at Butler Community College from 2004-2008; and dean of students from 2002-2004, registrar from 2003-2004, dean of men from 1999-2002, director of student activities from 2000-2002 and director of residence life from 1999-2000, all at Lon Morris College in Jacksonville, Texas.

I’m Rafael Garcia, co-editor-in-chief at the Collegian. I’m a junior in journalism, campus visit coordinator for the JMC Ambassadors, and the vice president of social events and communication for the Edgerley-Franklin Urban Leaders. I come from Emporia, Kansas, home of the Twinkie, world’s best tasting tap water and journalist William Allen White. I’m passionate about journalism because I love people and their stories, and I want to find and tell those stories here on campus. In my spare time, I’m a Chihuahua wrangler, doughnut enthusiast, Netflix watcher and racquetball player. Contact me at [email protected]