What to watch: Week 12

0
46

There might not be as many top-25 matchups like in previous weeks, but it will still be a good week as there is football to look forward to from Tuesday all the way to Saturday.

University of Michigan vs. No. 8 University of Wisconsin–Madison

Michigan has only suffered two losses on the season, one coming to rival Michigan State and the other to then-No. 2 Penn State. This will be the third ranked team it has faced this season.

Junior running back Karan Higdon has been the top threat for the Michigan offense this year. Higdon leads the team in rushing with 854 yards. He has found the end zone 10 times on the ground this season.

At 10-0, Wisconsin is one of the last undefeated teams remaining. That being said, competition hasn’t always been tough, as last week was the only time this season the Badgers have faced a ranked team.

Freshman running back Jonathan Taylor has been a stud this year in the Badger backfield. Taylor has ran for 1,525 yards and is averaging seven yards per carry. Taylor has 12 rushing touchdowns as well.

Kickoff time for the Wolverines and Badgers has been set for 11 a.m. Saturday.

Kansas State vs. No. 15 Oklahoma State

With two games left, Kansas State needs one win to reach bowl eligibility, but the Wildcats will face a tough road with a game against the Cowboys this week.

Quarterback will be the position to watch for Kansas State. Freshman Skylar Thompson started last week against West Virginia University, but with Bill Snyder as coach, we have no idea how far senior Jesse Ertz and sophomore Alex Delton have recovered from their injuries.

Both of Oklahoma State’s losses this year came at home to then-No. 16 TCU and No. 5 Oklahoma. The Cowboys’ offense has been explosive this year, as it has put up at least 40 points in all but one game.

Keep an eye on sophomore running back Justice Hill. Hill has been dynamic for Oklahoma State, as he has rushed for 1,198 yards to go along with 12 touchdowns. He also has one receiving touchdown on 24 catches.

The Wildcats and Cowboys will kick off at 2:30 p.m. and can be seen on ESPN2.

University of California, Los Angeles vs. No. 11 University of Southern California

UCLA is also just one win away from reaching a bowl game. The game against the Trojans will be its second against a ranked team this year. The Bruins fell to then-No. 12 Washington 44-23 earlier in the season.

Senior wide receiver Darren Andrews has been a great target for junior quarterback Josh Rosen. Andrews leads the team with 60 catches for 773 yards and 10 touchdowns.

USC will aim to end its regular season on a four-game win streak, including winning six of its last seven. Both of the Trojans’ losses this year came on the year to top-20 teams.

Sophomore quarterback Sam Darnold will look to lead the Trojans to victory. Darnold has thrown for 3,198 yards and 24 touchdowns this year. He has also ran for four scores as well.

The California schools will kick off at 7 p.m. on ABC.