Men’s basketball set for contest against ORU

0
59
The Kansas State men's basketball team play the University of Missouri-Kansas City Kangaroos at Bramlage Coliseum in Manhattan, Kan. on Nov 14, 2017. (File photo by Cooper Kinley | K-State Athletics/Collegian Media Group)

The Kansas State men’s basketball team will want to bounce back after placing third in the Continental Tire Las Vegas Invitational last week. The Wildcats will host Oral Roberts for a contest set to start at 7 p.m. at Bramlage Coliseum.

The Wildcats beat George Washington 67-59 after losing to Arizona State the night before in the Las Vegas Invitational by two.

K-State was led against George Washington by junior forward Dean Wade, who had 17 points and nine rebounds. Junior guard Kamau Stokes scored the most points for the team with 19 in the winning effort.

After shooting nearly 50 percent from the field this season, K-State will try and keep its undefeated record at home going against the Golden Eagles.

The Wildcats have also been very good behind the arc, as they are shooting nearly 40 percent from the three-point line and have made 53 on the season.

Overall, junior guard Barry Brown is leading the team in scoring, as he averages over 15 points per game right in front of Stokes, who is at 14.8 points per game.

Wade and sophomore forward Xavier Sneed are third and fourth in scoring, averaging 12.2 and 11.2 points so far this season, respectively.

Wade is leading the team in rebounds this year at 5.8 per game with Mawdo Sallah behind him at 4.8.

As for Oral Roberts, they have really struggled so far this season; they are 1-6 in the young campaign.

They started the season 1-0 with a win over Avila University, but have yet to find the win column again, losing six straight. With that said, three of those losses have been by seven points or less and two of the other three losses are against power five conference schools. One of those losses was against the Oklahoma State Cowboys, ending 91-48, on November 16th.

The game in Manhattan will also be the sixth road game of the season already for the Golden Eagles, a team that went just 1-13 last year in road contests.

They are averaging 68 points per game this season and shooting almost 43 percent, while the Wildcats have only scored less than 68 points once in a game this season.

Last year the Golden Eagles went just 8-22 and won only four games in their conference.

K-State will play two of its next three games at home — including a battle against South Carolina Upstate on Dec. 5.