K-State will head to the Cactus Bowl to take on UCLA

0
649
Matthew McCrane, senior kicker, celebrates after the football game against Iowa State at Bill Snyder Family Stadium in Manhattan, Kan. on Nov. 25, 2017. (Photo by Alanoud Alanazi | Collegian Media Group)

The Kansas State football team will travel to Phoenix to take on the University of California, Los Angeles on Dec. 26. The Bruins are currently 6-6 this season and ranked fourth in the PAC-12 South, while the Wildcats are 7-5.

K-State has played UCLA three times before, the most recent time being the 2015 Alamo Bowl, at which K-State lost 40-35. UCLA currently leads the series between the two teams 2-1.

Last year, the Wildcats went to the Texas Bowl, where they took on the Texas A&M Aggies and won 33-28.

K-State’s bowl winning history is 8-12. The largest bowl game win K-State has had under current head coach Bill Snyder was against the University of Michigan in 2013 at the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl, 31-14.

The game between the Wildcats and the Bruins is set to start at 8 p.m. in Chase Field.

Editor’s note: A previous version of this article stated Kansas State had never played UCLA before. The Wildcats had actually played UCLA in the 2015 Alamo Bowl.

DeAundra Allen
I'm DeAundra Allen, co-editor-in-chief and sports editor at the Collegian. I'm a junior in broadcast journalism and pre-law, with a minor in philosophy. I was born in Brighton, Colorado, home of La Placita and the Bulldogs. I moved to Kansas in 2010, and fell in love with press boxes at a young age. In my spare time, I talk about my pets, sports, and work towards going to law school.