Last Chance, a closer look

0
9

Rusty’s Last Chance Restaurant & Saloon Report Card:Atmosphere: AFood (selection): CDrink (choices): AEntertainment: B

Rusty’s Last Chance Restaurant & Saloon has been a Manhattan icon for years. It has been featured in Sports Illustrated’s list of the top college bars in the United States and has been transformed from a run-of-the-mill drink depot into a four-part mega-bar. With all its credentials, Last Chance, 1211 Moro St., seems like an obvious choice for someone hoping to catch a K-State game. Because of its size, Last Chance is able to offer a lot that other bars cannot. Whereas most bars are lucky to cram 10 to 15 televisions into a room, Last Chance has an astounding 60 televisions scattered throughout the establishment. Unfortunately, many of the televisions seem to be as old as the bar itself and leave much to be desired in terms of picture quality. Last Chance does, however, have five big screen televisions of a higher quality than the rest, which can be viewed from almost everywhere in the restaurant. For lapses in the game’s action, Last Chance offers ample alternative entertainment options. Six pool tables and several dart boards are available. Additionally, with the plethora of televisions, there are sure to be other football games going on at the same time as the K-State game. The five fully-stocked bars offer 28 beers on tap as well as a good variety of bottles and hard liquor. Last Chance will feature a different discounted 16-ounce bottle for each game this season. The only thing that cannot be considered big at Last Chance is its game day menu. While the regular menu has a fairly good selection, the menu is trimmed to a mere 12 items on the days of K-State games. Pete Anderson, owner, said the menu is reduced so the bar can expedite the serving process while ensuring the food’s quality is maintained.