True Pride is Purple

0
10

Dear editor,

There’s a great shirt that reads “Real fans bleed Purple.” My wardrobe is 65 percent K-State with 80 percent being purple. The remaining 20 percent were either gifts or parts of a uniform. So 52 percent of my closet is purple K-State shirts.

I still have more purple that’s not K-State. Obsessed? I call it a passion. This passion leads me to question the “K-State PROUD” Student Campaign and the athletic department in their collaboration to “Black Out” the student section at upcoming basketball games.

Black shirts advertising “K-State PROUD” come as an oxymoron to me. In efforts to understand this decision I emailed members of the Student Campaign board along with the athletic department through their link provided on the K-State Sports home page.

Neither has responded.

I support the Student Campaign. Giving students the power to help ourselves and the university as a whole is amazing. I’m only wondering why black was chosen for shirts that supposedly show K-State Pride.

Matthew Garcia, junior in hotel and restaurant management

Advertisement
SHARE