Wildcats to face struggling Missouri team at home

0
4

After opening Big 12 Conference play with a 3-1 record, it appears the Wildcat volleyball team has fallen into a rut.
    In the squad’s last two matches — an inconsistent 3-2 win at Kansas and a tough 0-3 sweep at Texas — the No. 16 Wildcats struggled and seemed to be overmatched at times.
    K-State (14-3, 4-2 Big 12 Conference) will return to Ahearn Field House to take on another squad that has been shaky, the Missouri Tigers (8-7, 2-3 Big 12). Action is set to begin at 7 tonight.
    The Tigers, led by sophomore outside hitter Julianna Klein (3.57 kills per game), have stumbled out of the gate since the beginning of league play. The team has dropped three of its first five Big 12 matches, with two of those losses coming on the road.
    The Wildcats are looking to bounce back from their loss at Texas — the first time they were swept this season. The team has been led by senior outside hitter Rita Liliom, who is averaging 4.24 kills per game.
    Tonight’s match will mark the 68th meeting between the Tigers and Wildcats, with K-State holding a slim 37-30 series lead. The Wildcats swept the season series in 2007 and own an 18-12 advantage in Manhattan. They have won 19 of 24 matches against Missouri since the Big 12’s inception in 1996.