Fliers promote health

0
10

The President’s Commission on the Status of Women is posting fliers in bathrooms throughout the Manhattan and Salina campuses to provide information on various health and safety issues.
    Topics on the fliers include sexual harassment, personal hygiene, rape and violence against women. The first of the series of fliers concerned hand washing.
    Angela Hubler, director of women’s studies and ex-officio member of the Commission, said the goal of the fliers is to educate students on the topics, about which they previously might not have known much.
    According to a K-State press release, the fliers will address issues included in the university’s policies and also present information about resources related to them. They will be rotated on a regular basis.
    Nancy Baker, committee chair for the Commission, said the idea for putting up fliers in the bathrooms came from having seen fliers posted at other universities.
    The Commission is receiving help with this project from other groups on campus including President Jon Wefald’s office, the Manhattan Women’s Center, the International Food Safety Network, Greek Affairs and the Department of Facilities.
    “We all believe it is important to get information to students on safety and health,” Baker said.
        The fliers will be posted in about 420 bathrooms on both the Manhattan and Salina campuses, according to the release.