Woman reports rape

0
21

A 21-year-old Manhattan woman reported a rape Thursday. The suspect was known to the woman, but no arrests have been made at press time.

Capt. Hank Nelson of the Riley County Police Department said this is not believed to be related to other recent rapes.

A string of arrests were the end result of thefts of beer and energy drinks from Porter’s Bar in Aggieville.

Porter’s employees reported that $450 of Bud Light and energy drinks were stolen Saturday between 3 and 10 a.m. Two hours later, RCPD officers received a call reporting suspicious activity at 906 Fremont St., Apt. B.

Nelson said police officers determined the stolen drinks were at the residence and were allegedly being consumed by six minors, including two who were runaways.

One suspect, Ryan Nidert, 20, had an outstanding warrant for failure to appear and was allegedly found with marijuana. Niedert was also charged with burglary, furnishing alcohol to minors and purchase or consumption of alcohol by a minor. He was held on $8,000 bond.

Kassandra Nichols, 18, was arrested and charged with contributing to child misconduct, theft and purchase or consumption of alcohol by a minor. She was confined on $3,000 bond.

Shawn Vargo, 18, was arrested and charged with furnishing alcohol to minors, contributing to child misconduct, theft, obstructing the legal process, possession of marijuana and purchase or consumption of alcohol by a minor. He was held on $6,000 bond.