UPC to present religion panel for Inclusion Week

0
17

Union Program Council is scheduled to present a religion panel today from noon to 1 p.m. in the K-State Student Union Courtyard.

The religion panel is part of UPC’s Inclusion Week, which includes activities that promote diversity and cultural differences on campus.

Event organizers Jenny Barnes, senior in mass communications and Anna Knackstedt, sophomore in political science and modern languages, said there will be one person to represent one of several different religions presented at the panel.

The spiritual viewpoints represented include Buddhism, Mormonism, Unitarianism, Christianity, Judiasm, Islam and atheism.

During the panel, each representative will discuss how they view certain ideas based on spirituality.

They then will answer how they view life after death, who or what they consider a higher power, views on hell and free will, and feelings on science and how it affects followers’ personal beliefs.

There will also be a question-and-answer session for those in attendance to ask the representatives about any other inquiries they might have.

Barnes and Knackstedt said UPC wanted to bring something different to the week that allowed people to become informed of other people’s beliefs.

“We wanted a way to broaden people’s horizons,” Barnes said.