Easter egg hunt benefits Manhattan children despite weather

0
14

Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity, Phi Kappa Theta fraternity and Delta Delta Delta sorority were host to their fifth annual Easter Egg Hunt philanthropy Sunday.

The event aims to benefit the children of Manhattan and took place at the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity house.

Cold and windy weather caused the hunt to be moved inside, but participants were still able to continue with several activities. Some of the activities included fishing and hunting for eggs, face painting and egg decorating. Treats and drinks were also provided for guests.

“Despite the weather, the Easter Egg Hunt seemed to be fun for the children that participated,” said Shelby George, freshman in life sciences.

Fliers for the event were posted around area elementary schools to let students and parents know about the Easter-related event.

Manhattan resident Wynella Tenijieth attended with her three children.

“We saw the flyer at [their] grade school and decided to come out here,” Tenijieth said. “It gave us something to do.”

Pi Kappa Alpha president Justin Bastin, senior in family studies and human services and psychology, said he thought everyone involved with the philanthropy did a great job putting the event together.

“The weather wasn’t the best, but we had a lot of support from the Tri-Deltas and Phi Kappa Thetas,” Bastin said. “We had a great time.”