Manhattan Public Library to Host 8th Annual Toddler Fair

0
8

The eighth annual Toddler Fair will take place today at the Manhattan Public Library. Over 18 agencies and businesses will be represented.

The Toddler Fair is a come-and-go event and will be open from 10 a.m. to noon and from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the library auditorium. Special features for this year include a costumed character who will be coming with the Party Pals.

Healthy Smiles will offer free dental screenings, including a fluoride varnish, and there will be free car seat checks in the parking lot provided by groups associated with the Manhattan Fire Department.

“There will be great door prizes,” said Jennifer Adams, children’s services manager. “The Early Childhood Resource and Referral agency has gift bags for the first 18 families to come through, and the Hey, Baby! store has provided some extra door prizes, even though they are unable to have staff at the event.”

There will also be crafts, gymnastics and other activities for children who come with their parents to the fair.

“Everyone who attends will walk away with lots of great resources and ideas for things to do with their children in Manhattan,” Adams said. “We hope that working parents will be able to stop by in the evening on their way home from work.”

Library story times will also be going on in the morning in the Children’s Room, so families can attend both the Toddler Fair and story time.