RCPD charges man with rape

0
37

Kenneth Donald Bates, resident of Manhattan, was arrested at 6:35 p.m. Friday for the rape of a child under the age of 14 and five cases of aggravated indecent liberties with a child, according to a Riley County Police Department report.

The incidents occurred between Aug. 15, 2004, and Sept. 1, 2005, said RCPD Lt. Herbert Crosby Jr.

MAN ROBBED AT GUNPOINT

Lee Weston, resident of Manhattan, filed a report with the RCPD for aggravated burglary on Sunday, with estimated damages totaling $360, Crosby said.

Weston said he was approached by two men who asked him for drugs and then robbed him at gunpoint in the parking lot of 1115 N. 12th St., Crosby said.

The first suspect is a black male, 5 feet, 11 inches. The second suspect is a Hispanic male, 5 feet, 9 inches, Crosby said. The men allegedly stole a cell phone and billfold.

THEFT AND CRIMINAL DAMAGES TO PROPERTY REPORTED TO RCPD

Donna Diskau, resident of Manhattan, filed a report with the RCPD of criminal damages to property, with estimated damages totaling $800. The incidents occurred between Sept. 15 and Sept. 16, when someone allegedly shot out her sliding glass door with a BB gun, Crosby said.

Vestoria Simmons, resident of Manhattan, filed a report of theft with the RCPD, with estimated damages totaling $1,200. The incidents allegedly occurred over the night hours of Thursday and Friday when a party-goer at 2215 College Ave. stole a MacBook laptop computer, Crosby said.

James Rubick, resident of Manhattan, filed a report with the RCPD of criminal damages to his Ford F-250 vehicle, with estimated damages totaling $615. The incident occurred between 2 and 3 a.m. Friday at 1101 Ratone, Crosby said.

Jamie Tull, resident of Manhattan, filed a report with the RCPD of criminal damage to property, with estimated damages totaling $500, Crosby said. The incidents allegedly occurred in the overnight hours between Friday and Saturday, according to another RCPD report.

LEWD AND LASCIVIOUS SEX OFFENSE REPORTED

Adam Dieker, resident of Manhattan, was charged with a “lewd and lascivious sex offense,” according to a report filed by the RCPD. According to the report, the incident occurred at 12:20 p.m. on Friday, when Dieker exposed himself at 1505 Oxford Place.