Minor reports rape

0
24

The Riley County Police department has filed a report of rape. The incident occurred Oct. 3 in the south-central part of Manhattan, said Capt. Kurt Moldrup of the RCPD.

The victim was a 15-year-old girl. The suspect, a 19-year-old man, was known to her, Moldrup said. No arrests have been made, and the case is under investigation.

Two Manhattan women were injured after a vehicle failed to yield turning left on Tuesday, according to a report from the RCPD.

Kinsey Bellamy, 19, of 215 Ford Hall, was driving westbound on Claflin Avenue at 7:05 p.m. As she turned left onto North Manhattan Avenue, her 2005 Chevy Malibu hit a northbound 2004 Honda Civic, Moldrup said.

The driver, Kirsten Hyde, 19, of 110 Ford Hall, and her passenger, Alexandria Richmeier, 18, of 208 Ford Hall, were transported to Mercy Regional Hospital. Hyde suffered cuts to her head and wrist and had a possibly fractured toe; Richmeier complained of chest pains, Moldrup said.

Bellamy was issued a citation for failure to yield when turning left, according to the report.

Three men were arrested for growing marijuana in a Manhattan home earlier this week, according to an RCPD report.

With a search warrant, the police entered the home of Brett Amidon, 19, of 1712 Humboldt St., at 3:40 p.m. Tuesday, Moldrup said. They seized at least five marijuana plants and various drug paraphernalia. Details on the items seized were not released.

Amidon was charged with cultivation of marijuana, no Kansas drug tax stamp and possession of simulated controlled substances and drug paraphernalia, according to the report.

Bond was set at $5,000.

Also arrested were Lei Yu and Thomas Smith, both 20, of 1714 Humboldt St., for possession of simulated controlled substances and drug paraphernalia and unlawful acts relating to possession of depressants, stimulants or hallucinogenic drugs or other substances, according to the report. Bond was set at $1,000 for both of the men.