Amber Alert issued for Marion teen

0
17

An Amber Alert was issued for a 17-year-old Marion County, Kan., girl yesterday. Tara Renee Simhiser has been missing since Tuesday morning, according to Ksamber.org, Kansas’s Amber Alert Web site.

The man suspected of abducting her, Rojelio Hernandez, is the same man suspected of acting suspiciously at six area high schools in September, according to a Riley County Police report.

Simhiser is 5 feet tall, about 120 pounds with blond hair and brown eyes, and was last seen wearing blue jeans and a dark shirt. She was last seen in Marion County, Kan., but a report posted at about 8 p.m. Wednesday on Ksamber.org said she and Hernandez possibly had been sighted in Wichita.

Hernandez is 21 years old, 5 feet 8 inches tall, 155 pounds and has brown hair and eyes and a tattoo on the right side of his neck. The Web site reported he could be driving a late 1990s blue Honda Accord.

According to a Riley County Police report earlier this month, Hernandez was suspected of entering several high schools on Sept. 30, and posing as a transfer student.

According to the report, the suspect asked numerous questions about the school, causing alarm among school officials. When confronted by school officials, the suspect left the schools in different vehicles including the Honda, a motorcycle and a white passenger car.

Authorities have urged anyone with information about Simhiser to contact the Marion County Sheriff’s Office at 620-382-2144.