Wildcats cap off road trip in Arkansas

0
4

The K-State women’s basketball team will finish a three-game road trip tonight when it takes on Arkansas in Fayetteville, Ark.

The Wildcats (2-3) will enter tonight’s contest looking to improve to an even .500 winning percentage on the year. They are coming off their first road victory of the season, a 65-62 win against BYU in Provo, Utah. The Razorbacks (4-1) extended their current winning streak to three games in their last game, a 69-51 victory over Western Kentucky in the Carribean Challenge in Cancun, Mexico.

Prior to tonight’s matchup, K-State has faced Arkansas a total of four times. The teams squared off last year in the final game of the Commerce Bank Wildcat Classic in Manhattan, which the Wildcats won 65-56. The last time K-State traveled to Fayetteville was in 1982 when the Razorbacks claimed a 68-53 victory. Overall, the Wildcats led the series 3-1.

K-State has been paced this season by its only two seniors, forward Ashley Sweat and guard Kari Kincaid, who are averaging 17 and 12 points per game, respectively. Sweat also leads the team in rebounding with 7.2 boards per outing.

Arkansas has a trio of players averaging double figures in scoring this season. Senior guard Charity Ford has led the Razorbacks’ charge this season with 13 points per game while a pair of sophomores, guard Lyndsay Harris and forward Ashley Daniels, are scoring 12.4 and 10.6 points per contest, respectively. Daniels also averages a team-high seven rebounds per game.

The Wildcats will return home to host the 2009 edition of the Wildcat Classic this weekend. Tonight’s matchup marks the final road action for K-State until they travel to Las Vegas for a Dec. 19 game against Hawaii in the first round of the Duel in the Desert.