Wildcats look to find offense, road win at Texas A&M

0
20

After a shaky performance at home against conference rival Missouri, K-State will look to create a small winning streak when they travel to College Station and take on the high powered Aggies of Texas A&M.

The Wildcats are coming off a victory in which they scored only 37 points and shot less than 30 percent from the floor. Both K-State and Missouri combined for only 70 points which is the lowest in Bramlage Coliseum history.

“We shattered the record,” head coach Deb Patterson said. “I’m encouraged with what we can continue to get better at.”

Texas A&M suffered an upset loss to instate rival Texas Tech on Wednesday night, losing 57-54. Both the Wildcats and Aggies will take it to the hardwood with a 4-5 record in the Big 12.

Texas A&M is led by two Kansas City, Mo., natives in junior forward Danielle Adams and freshman guard Tyra White. Adams comes in averaging 16.2 points per game and 5.8 rebounds, while White is shooting 55.7 percent from the field.

“It seems like we always play A&M after an unexpected loss on their part and on the road,” Patterson said. “It’s a matchup of great athleticism and with Adams they have a very big, wide body down low who will present some interesting matchup issues for us.”

The last time the two teams met, Texas A&M won a nail biter 65-63 on March 13 of last year.

“It’s Big 12 play and we have to be ready,” Patterson said. “We know we have an unbelievable stretch ahead of us in terms of our schedule and I just want us to get better on the offensive end. We got better on the defensive end in the last game which was good.”

Senior forward Ashley Sweat will look to make more of a difference Saturday. She only scored six points and also spent a good amount of time on the bench against Missouri. In the last meeting against the Aggies, Sweat finished with 19 points.

“I didn’t think she was posting any greater production on the floor than anyone else,” Patterson said. “To me it was let’s see if we can get some production from other players to see any kind of change.”

If K-State can come out on top, they will move up in the standings ahead of the Aggies.

The game is scheduled for 7 p.m. at Reed Arena in College Station.