Woman claims case misunderstanding

0
27

The Riley County Police Department has made contact with the suspicious person driving the white Jeep Laredo from Feb. 16 in the areas of Parker Drive and Casement Road, according to a news release.

The woman in question saw a person walking with what she thought were grocery bags and stopped to offer a ride because of the cold weather, according to the report. The woman said she would have not have stopped had she known the person was a child, according to the report. The RCPD concluded its investigation into this incident and determined it was a misunderstanding, according to the report.

Man faces failure to appear charges

A local man was arrested Thursday and charged with failure to appear in court, according to a report by the RCPD.

Adam Douglass Spaeny, 22, of 3207 Valleydale Drive, was arrested at 2:13 p.m. Thursday, according to the report. Lt. Herbert Crosby Jr. of the RCPD said Spaeny failed to appear in court on Nov. 25, 2009, for charges of forgery and theft.

Spaeny was confined on an $8,000 bond, Crosby said.

Man released on $6,000 bond

A local man was arrested Thursday and charged with failure to appear in court, according to another RCPD report.

Steven William Dausey, who is homeless, was arrested at 11:30 a.m. Thursday, according to the report. Crosby said Dausey, 29, failed to appear in court in 2009 for charges of driving under the influence and driving while suspended.

Crosby said Dausey was released on a $6,000 bond.