Manhattan Arts Center to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day

0
16

This Saturday, March 13, the Manhattan Arts Center will be hosting a full day of events in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day.

The day’s events will begin at 7:30 a.m. with the annual Blarney Breakfast fundraiser at Kite’s Grille & Bar. Green eggs and ham, biscuits and gravy, fruit and other breakfast food items will be served until 10:30 a.m.

Tickets for Blarney Breakfast can be purchased in advance — adult tickets are $7, children’s tickets are $5 — at the arts center, Claflin Books & Copies and The Dusty Bookshelf in Aggieville. Tickets can also be purchased the day of the fundraiser at Kite’s, adult tickets for $8 and children’s tickets for $6.

In the afternoon, the arts center MACademy youth theater program will present the Paul Mesner Puppets in “St. George and the Dragon.” Paul Mesner, puppeteer, author and performer, owns his company, Paul Mesner Puppets, Inc., and he presents a full season of performances in Kansas City, Mo.

According to an arts center press release, “Paul Mesner puppets go back to the time of dragons, damsels and dungeons in this performance.” The puppet show will begin at 4 p.m. at the arts center; tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children.

The last event of the day, “A Celebration of Six Nations,” will begin at 8 p.m. at the arts center. “Woad,” a Celtic music group, will perform songs in each of the six different Celtic languages, as well as songs in English.

Refreshments will be served at the event, and tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for military and students.

Tickets for Mesner’s puppet show and for “A Celebration of Six Nations” are available online at manhattanarts.org, or at the Manhattan Arts Center box office, located at 1520 Poyntz Ave. E-mail the arts center at boxoffice@manhattanarts.org, or call 785-537-4420 for more information on the events of St. Patrick’s Day.