3 arrested for Dara’s robbery

0
160

Police arrested three men Thursday as suspects in the Dara’s Fast Lane robbery case, according to a news release from the Riley County Police Department.

RCPD officers arrested Brandon Santana, Randy McBride and Anthony Layton after serving a search warrant at 3640 Saddlehorn Drive in Ogden, according to the release.

The robbery, which happened on March 19, occured at the Dara’s in Candlewood Shopping Center.

Police arrested Santana at 3:40 p.m. and charged him with aggravated robbery, aggravated assault and kidnapping. Police arrested McBride at 3 p.m. and charged him with aggravated robbery. Police arrested Layton at 6:10 p.m. and charged him with aggravated robbery.

Santana’s bond was set at $150,000, and McBride’s and Layton’s were both set at $50,000.

Drug investigation continues

Investigation into the case is still continuing, according to the RCPD.

Three local people were arrested Thursday in an ongoing drug investigation, said Lt. Herbert Crosby Jr. of the RCPD.

RCPD officers served a search warrant at 917 Osage St., where the three people live, according to the report.

Police arrested Kevin Jewell, 22, at 5:45 p.m. and charged him with possession of cocaine, possession of marijuana, a felony charge of possession of drug paraphernalia and a misdemeanor charge of possession of drug paraphernalia, according to the report. Crosby said his bond was $8,000.

RCPD officers arrested Jared Jewell, 24, at 8 p.m. and charged him with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. His bond was $1,500.

Police arrested Stormy Tarr, 22, at 8:20 p.m. on charges of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Tarr’s bond was $3,000.

The RCPD is still investigating the case, Crosby said.

RCPD: $3.5K truck stolen

A local man reported the theft of his Ford F-150 pickup truck sometime between Thursday night and Friday morning, according to another RCPD report.

Terry Kuchcinski, 57, of 1022 Fremont St., owned the 1991 black pickup truck, which had a Kansas license plate of 428BKQ, Crosby said.

Crosby said someone stole the truck sometime between 6 p.m. Thursday and 7:30 a.m. Friday in the 1000 block of Fremont Street.

The value of the truck was $3,500, according to the report.