Resident arrested for rape

0
32

A Manhattan man was arrested for an alleged rape that happened in September 2009, according to a report from the Riley County Police Department.

Phillip Wallace, 39, of 436 Butterfield Road was arrested on a warrant from the RCPD on March 26. He was charged with one count of rape and one count of aggravated criminal sodomy.

His bail is set at $100,000.

Update on the Dara’s Robbery Case

The three suspects arrested last Thursday in the Dara’s Fast Lane robbery case were allegedly planning other robberies as well, according to a report from the RCPD.

After further investigation, Lt. Richard Fink of the RCPD said Brandon Santana, Randy McBride and Anthony Layton, who are still confined after being charged with aggravated robbery, are suspected of also stopping at the Arby’s located at 326 Southwind Plaza and Sonic at 800 N. Third Street.

Fink said they allegedly arrived at Arby’s, but after assessing the situation decided not to go through with the robbery. The same happened at Sonic. He also said customers and workers at both location were unaware of the attempted robbery.

Several cars damaged over the weekend

Several cars parked next to each other were damaged after they were hit with bricks early Sunday morning, according to a report from the RCPD.

One vehicle damaged was a black GMC Denali belonging to Dara Colgan of Roeland Park, Kan. The car was parked at the 700 block of Eighth Street at the time of the incident. Apparently a brick was used to break the windows of the car, which also caused scratches and dents to the vehicle. Items from the car were then taken. The damage was valued at $1,500.

Also parked at the same location was a Silver Olds Alero belonging to Sam Kolarik of Overland Park, Kan. The rear driver’s side window of the car was broken along with scratches and dents. Damage to the car was valued at $3,500.

Richard Vosberg, a witness on the scene, said he saw a white male with dark hair, a brown hoodie and dark jeans leaving the scene.

Also reported damaged was a 2008 Toyota Tacoma, belonging to Joseph Fangman of 1632 McCain Lane. Sometime between 11:55 Saturday night and 7:30 Sunday morning, the rear panel of the driver’s side rear panel was kicked in along with the driver and passenger side door skins. Damages to the vehicle were estimated at $5,000.

Another car damaged over the weekend was a 1997 Silver RAV 4, belonging to Rachel Rutter. The damage was reported to have taken place between 11:15 p.m. on Saturday and 11:00 a.m. on Sunday in the south alley of 613 Moro St.

A rock was used to damage the the passenger side windows, and damages to the vehicle were valued at $2,400.