RCPD accredited for another three years

0
21

The Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies recently reaccredited the Riley County Police Department for three years, according to a department press release.
The department was designated as a Flagship Agency.

“The flagship thing is a pretty big deal,” said Brad Schoen, director of the RCPD. “Not a lot of people get that.”

To receive reaccredidation, the RCPD underwent a three-day on-site assessment process in December 2009. Assessors from the CALEA conducted research to ensure the department was meeting the requirements of the 463 mandatory standards.

Director Schoen credited Suellyn Hooper, accreditation manager, for the department’s success.

“We’re fortunate that we have Suellyn to keep the train moving and on the tracks,” he said.
Reaccreditation is a voluntary process, according to the press release.

Fraud

An El Dorado, Kan. woman has reported being the victim of fraud according to Capt. Kurt Moldrup of the RCPD.
Rebecca Flores, 49, discovered someone had stolen personal checks from her at an unknown time. The checks were forged at various stores in the Manhattan Town Center Mall on March 21. Total loss was $1,036.

Burglary

An aggravated burglary in Ogden resulted in the loss of $718 in cash and various prescription drugs.
During the night of March 30-31, these items were taken from 3733 Saddlehorn Trail. There were no signs of forced entry, Moldrup said.

Car damage

A local man reported his tires were slashed.
Clinton Fowles, 20, of 1424 Legore Lane, reported that the four tires on his Ford Expedition were slashed on or around March 28-30. Total loss was $900.