The Planner 4-16-10

0
6

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Barbara Ann Garrett, titled, “Self-Determination Proficiency and Transition Planning Participation Level Among Gender and Race of Secondary Adolescents with Specific Learning Disabilities.” It will be held April 21 at 1 p.m. in Bluemont Hall Room 341D.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Lorena Barboza, titled, “Collegiate Instructors’ Perceptions and Practices in Integrating Technology in Spanish Language Instruction.” It will be held April 29 at 11 a.m. in Bluemont Hall Room 368.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Daniel G Karis, titled, “Preparing Peacekeepers: An Analysis of the African ContingencyOperations, Training, and Assistance Program’s Command and Staff Operational Skills Course.” It will be held May 3 at 9:30 a.m. in Bluemont Hall Room 368.

The K-State Aikido Club is having a demonstration Saturday in the Union Courtyard from 12:30 – 1 p.m. For more information go to ksu.edu/aikido/.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Mary Jo Anderson, titled, “Students with Disabilities in General Education Settings: General Education Teacher Preparation.” It will be held April 26 at 10 a.m. in Bluemont Hall Room 368.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Peng Li, titled, “A Vehicle-Based Laser System for Generating High-Resolution Digital Elevation Models.” It will be held April 28 at 1 p.m. in Seaton Hall Room 133.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Arbin Rajbanshi, titled, “Probing Intermolecular Interactions for Selectivity, Modulation of Physical Properties and Assembly of Molecular Capsules.” It will be held April 29 at 9 a.m. in Hale Library Room 301.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Dipanwita Ray, titled, “Photo-Electron Momentum Distribution and Electron Localization Studies from Laser-Induced Atomic and Molecular Dissociations.” It will be held April 30 at 2:30 p.m. in Cardwell Hall Room 119.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Megan Elizabeth Jacob, titled, “The Effect of Feeding Distiller’s Grains to Cattle/Escherichia coli/0157:H7.” It will be held May 7 at 2:15 p.m. in Trotter Hall Mara Conference Center.

Rec Services will offer a muscle focus workshop at the Rec Complex, Saturday from 2 – 3 p.m. Focus on upper and lower back exercises. Free to all K-State students and Rec members.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of William Joseph Weber, titled, “Effects of Requiring Students to Meet High Expectation Levels Within an On-Line Homework Environment.” It will be held Monday at 10 a.m. in Cardwell Hall Room 133.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Alysia Starkey, titled, “A Study of Kansas Academic Librarians’ Perceptions of Information Literacy Professional Development Needs.” It will be held April 22 at 10 a.m. in Bluemont Hall Room 368.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Disha Deepak Rupayana, titled, “Developing SENS: Development and Validation of a Student Engagement Scale (SENS).” It will be held April 28 at 8 a.m. in Bluemont Hall Room 449.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Ketino Kaadze, titled, “Study of the WZ Production with the D0 Detector.'”
It will be held April 29 at 2 p.m. in Cardwell Hall Room 41.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Peter Nyori, titled, “Genetics of Resistance to Leaf and Stripe Rust Disease in the Spring Wheat ‘Amadina.'” It will be held May 7 at 1:30 p.m. in Throckmorton Hall Room 2002.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Faraj Mohammad Hijaz , titled, “Metabolism and Formation of two – Dodecylcyclobutanone in Irradiated Ground Beef.” It will be held April 27  at 9 a.m. in Call Hall Room 206.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Lutfa Akter, titled, “Modeling, Forecasting and Resource Allocation in Cognitive Radio Networks.” It will be held April 29 at 2:30 p.m. in Rathbone 2064.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Sara K. Rosenkranz, titled, “Lifestyle Influences on Airway Health in Children and Young Adults.” It will be held April 30 at 2:00 p.m. in Justin 146.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Carey A Tresner, titled, “A Case Study to Identify and Describe Instructional Strategies Used in the Eleventh Grade Language Arts Classroom to Assist Disadvantaged Students in Preparing for the State Reading Assessment: A Guide for School Leaders and Eleventh Grade Language Arts Teachers.” It will be held April 28 at 9 a.m. in Bluemont 368.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Walamitien Herve Oyenan, titled, “An Algebraic Framework for Compositional Design of Autonomous and Adaptive Multiagent Systems.” It will be held April 28 at 9:45 a.m. in Nichols 233.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Kevin Otis Knabe, titled, “Using Saturated Absorption Spectroscopy on Acetylene-Filled Hollow-Core Fibers for Absolute Frequency Measurements.” It will be held April 29 at 9:30 a.m. in Cardwell 119.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Terry Harrison, titled, “Educational Participation Issues Confronting Military Personnel Assigned to Austere Remote Locations.” It will be held April 26 at 3 p.m. in Bluemont 368.

The Sixth Annual Enid Stover Poetry Recitation will be held April 24 from 2 – 4 p.m. at Manhattan City Park. In case of bad weather, the event will be held at the Manhattan Public Library auditorium. Chairs will be provided, but lawn chairs and blankets are also welcome. There will be light refreshments served, certificates and a gift drawing. For more information, contact Martha Seaton at 785-537-0936.

Recreational Services is offering a new Jump Rope Fitness exercise class at Peters Recreation Complex on Thursdays from 8:30 – 9:30 p.m. on basketball court No. 5. For more information, call the office at 785-532-6980.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Casey Reva Abington, titled, “Essays in the Economics of Education.” It will be held April 23 at 8:30 a.m. in Waters 342.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Jason Michael Brunner titled, “Relationship Building in a Cross-Cultural Setting.” It will be held today at 11 a.m. in Bluemont Hall Room 449.

The Graduate School announces the final doctoral dissertation of Scott Anthony Klasner titled, “Novel Capillary and Microfluidic Devices for Biological Analyses.” It will be held today at 3 p.m. in Hale Library Room 301.

SHAPE will host Battle of the Sexperts on Wednesday at 7 p.m. in the Union Courtyard. Show us your sexpertise. Grab your friends and sign up as a team. 3-5 members per team. Enter your team online at k-state.edu/lafene/SHAPE/sexpert.htm. Registration fee: $5 per person (All preregistered participants receive a free T-shirt.) Registration deadline is tomorrow.

The City of Manhattan Parks & Recreation Department is looking for volunteer youth baseball and softball coaches for the upcoming summer season. The approximate season for the leagues will be May 17 – July 23. Interested individuals may contact MPRD at 587-2757 or e-mail Jeff Mayer at mayer@ci.manhattan.ks.us.

Powercat Financial Counseling hosts Walk-in Financial today from 9 – 11 a.m. in the Office of Student Activities and Services, ground floor of the Union. No appointment necessary. Come in and ask peer financial counselors your quick money questions every Friday morning until April 30.

Instructional Design and Technology will offer “IDT Roundtable: Show ME, Don’t Tell ME!” from 11 a.m. — 12:30 p.m. on April 22 in Union 212. Events are open to all faculty, staff and students.

The Planner is the Collegian’s bulletin board service. To place an item in the Planner, stop by Kedzie 116 and fill out a form or e-mail news editor Bethaney Wallace at news@spub.ksu.edu by 11 a.m. two days before it is to run. Some items might not appear be cause of space constraints, but are guaranteed to appear on the day of the activity. Confirmation will not be provided.