Football player arrested

0
53

A member of the K-State football team was arrested this weekend, according to a release from the K-State University Police Department.

The release said around 1:45 on Sunday afternoon K-State Police responded to a hang-up 911 call from student housing. Upon arriving at the scene, the officers found probable cause to arrest K-State running back John Hubert for alleged domestic battery.

The release also said the victim was a female student known to Hubert and Hubert was cooperative with officers.

Lt. Herbert Crosby Jr. of the RCPD said Hubert arrived at the police department after the arrest and later bonded out for $1,500.

Bicyclist and Pedestrian taken to Mercy

There were several injury accidents over the weekend, according to reports from the Riley County Police Department.

One accident occurred at the intersection of Anderson and Sunset, Saturday evening around 6:30. According to the report, Geoffrey Onyekwere, 44, was driving his Pontiac Bonneville west on Anderson Avenue, when he hit a bicyclist traveling south across Anderson from Sunset.

The bicyclist, Noah Matheny, 21, was transported to Mercy Regional Health Center with pain in his left leg, left arm, nose and forehead.

Lt. Herbert Crosby Jr. of the RCPD said the incident is still under investigation, but he said it appears Matheny may have entered the intersection during a red light.

Another injury accident occurred around 12:15 Monday morning at the 1100 Block of Bluemont Ave. Crosby said Benjamin Kempthorne, 34, was at the northwest corner of 12th Street and Bluemont when he started walking and was hit by a BMW driven by Shuyi Guo, 20, who was traveling east on Bluemont.

Crosby said Kempthorne was transported to Mercy with injuries to his head and abrasions to his lower back. He was also cited for being an intoxicated pedestrian on a sidewalk.