RCPD arrests Manhattan man on charges of rape, battery

0
55

A local woman reported being raped by a male acquaintance earlier this week, according to a report from the Riley County Police Department.

The incident reportedly occurred at 2 a.m. on Monday in the southwest part of Manhattan, said RCPD Lt. Herb Crosby.

Sal Mino Tucker, 45, of 1118 Garden Way, Ap. B, was arrested at 3:43 p.m. later that day on charges of rape, aggravated sexual battery, criminal restraint and aggravated battery. His bond is set at $35,000, and as of press time, was still confined.

The victim was in her late twenties or early thirties and suffered no physical injuries, Crosby said.

Woman taken to hospital after accident

Geraldine McPherson, 67, of Randolph, Kan., was driving eastbound in the outside lane on East Poyntz, according to the report. As she attempted to move into the left-hand lane, her 2005 Dodge Dakota pickup struck a 1994 Mazda pickup carrying driver Dawn Marchand, 52, of 1704 Fair Lane, No. 22, and passenger Angelica Houston, 23, of 1704 Fair Lane, No. 26.

Houston was transported to Mercy Regional Hospital for injuries to her neck, back, right arm and right leg, Crosby said.

Crosby said McPherson was cited for making an improper left turn.

Weekend robbery reported in Riley

Almost $5,000-worth of power tools were stolen in Riley, Kan., according to a report from the Riley County Police Department.

The incident occurred sometime between 6:30 p.m. on Friday and 7 a.m. on Tuesday, said RCPD Lt. Herb Crosby.

An unknown suspect entered six vehicles and three trailers parked within the same area and stole assorted power tools, Crosby said.

Victims include Midland Exteriors, Riley, Kan., Monte Adkins, 32, Leonardville, Kan., and Dennis Kuehler, 65, St. George, Kan.

The items stolen were valued at $4,391.

kansas state collegian

Ultimate summer