Manhattan woman raped by unknown suspect

0
99

A local woman reported being raped by an unknown male last week, according to a report from the Riley County Police Department.

The incident reportedly occurred between 11 p.m. Friday and 6 a.m. Saturday in the southeast part of Manhattan, said RCPD Lt. Herb Crosby.

According to Crosby, the victim went out to Aggieville with some friends and woke up in the suspect’s bed.

The victim is in her early 20’s and suffered no physical injuries, Crosby said.

Basketball player’s car vandalized

Two vehicles, including K-State basketball player Dominique Sutton’s, were scratched with a sharp instrument or key last week, according to a report from the Riley County Police Department.

An unknown suspect scratched the vehicles, both parked at 1401 College Ave, said RCPD Lt. Herb Crosby.

According to the report, the incident occurred between 11 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. Saturday.
Charrie Nelson-Jones, 23, of Junction City, reported $150 worth of damage to her 1999 Honda Accord and Sutton, 23, of 1401 College Ave. Apt. F 205, reported $750 worth of damage to his 1995 Chevy Caprice, said Crosby.

Woman arrested on charges of child endangerment

A Manhattan woman was arrested Saturday on charges of aggravated child endangerment, driving under the influence, driving while suspended and leaving the scene of accident, according to a report from the Riley County Police Department.

Jessica Anne Guillermo, 28, of 2601 Blakewood Pl, was driving eastbound in a westbound lane in the 5700 block of Fort Riley Blvd., while carrying her young children in the car, said RCPD Lt. Herb Crosby.

Guillermo was involved in a minor accident prior to being pulled over, in which she fled the scene, said Crosby

Guillermo’s bond is set at $10,000.

Bowling equipment stolen

Bowling equipment worth $805 was stolen from a local bowling alley this past week, according to a report from the Riley County Police Department.

The incident reportedly occurred between 12 p.m. on June 16 and 2 p.m. Sunday at 1515 Richards Drive, said RCPD Lt. Herb Crosby.

Unknown suspects reportedly stole 4 bowling balls worth $405 and bowling training aids worth $400, Crosby said.

Theft in Manhattan residence

A Manhattan man reported $1,700-worth of personal items stolen from his home last week, according to a report from the Riley County Police Department.

The incident reportedly occurred sometime between 1 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Friday, said RCPD Lt. Herby Crosby.

The victim, Hugh Marquez, 22, of 2112 Elm, reported an XBOX 360 Elite worth $300 and a Gateway Laptop worth $1,200 stolen after an unknown suspect entered his home through an unlocked bathroom window.  Damage to the window and screen was worth $200.

No arrests have been made, Crosby said.

U-Haul dolly stolen

A vehicle dolly worth $2,500 was reported stolen from a local U-Haul business last week, according to a report from the Riley County Police Department.

Unknown suspects hooked up a vehicle to the dolly and drove away with it, said RCPD Lt. Herb Crosby.

The incident reportedly occurred sometime between 5:30 a.m. last Thursday and 9 a.m. last Friday at 524 Fort Riley Blvd., according to the report.

Woman arrested on child endangerment charges fails to appear

A Junction City woman was arrested Monday after failing to appear in court, according to a report from the Riley County Police Department.Latasha N. Young, 33, was originally charged with endangering a child, said RCPD Lt. Herb Crosby.

Young’s bond was set at $10,000, and as of press time she was still confined.